Are you a well-rounded Compositor who is passionate about working on upcoming film, television and advertising projects? The Embassy is hiring for a Compositor to join their team!
About The Embassy
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.
You are an experienced Compositor with solid production experience working on a variety of shows, films and commercials. Your demo reel showcases your diverse skill set as a Compositor – you composite different types of shots ranging from simple to moderate and complex shots. You bring a solid understanding of the production pipeline and experience in creating final shots that is in alignment with the team’s artistic direction.
- Finalizes the overall look, colour balance, and quality for shots and sequences
- Creates uniformity and seamless transitions between footage and composited elements
- Establish certain looks and/or solve particular design or effects challenges for key visual effects shots;
- Full shot compositing including keying, paint & roto when required
- Collaborate with other compositors & supervisors to share knowledge and techniques
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time
- Make corrections and adjustments requested by the supervisor
- 3+ years of Compositing experience in commercials, film, or TV
- Expert with Nuke. Knowledge of other compositing, finishing & editorial tools an asset
- Solid understanding of all elements and visual aspects of a shot
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Ability to take direction positively and work well within a team
- Possess a keen eye for colour and colour matching
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Ample cross-training opportunities
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume and demo reel!
Please note: At this time we are accepting applications only from those artists who are legally eligible to work in Canada (ie Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an open work permit).