Are you a well-rounded Senior Lighting/LookDev TD who is passionate about working on upcoming film, television and advertising projects? The Embassy is hiring for an Senior Lighting/LookDev TD to join our team!
About The Embassy
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.
- Light, shade, and render assets and shots. Take an asset or shot to a final quality hitting all notes.
- Ensure shots meet rendering requirements.
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time.
- Collaborate with other artists to share knowledge and techniques.
- Make corrections and adjustments requested by the supervisor.
- 5+ years of Lighting/LookDev experience in commercials, film, or TV
- Skilled in using platforms including Houdini, Maya, Mantra, Redshift, Mari, Substance, and Nuke
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to take direction positively and work well within a team
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Solid understanding of look development fundamentals and tools
- Good understanding of Colour/Lighting
- Good understanding of physically plausible rendering
- Understanding of rendering efficiency, providing assets to effectively work within the different shot requirements
- Legal authorization to work in Canada
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Ample cross-training opportunities
- Desire to grow in a leadership capacity by leading or supervising specific effects/sequences
- Experience outside of Lighting/Look Development considered an asset
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume and demo reel!
Please note: At this time we are accepting applications only from those artists who are legally eligible to work in Canada (ie Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an open work permit).