About The Embassy
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.
You are an adaptable Pipeline Developer with industry experience in film, commercials, and/or TV. You are a strong communicator who appreciates receiving feedback from artists to enhance the quality of their user experience. You understand the importance of helping to maintain and keep the codebase clean and organized to maximize the pipeline’s efficacy. Driven to continue building your skills as a developer. The idea of working on commercials and TV shows in a small studio with a feature film level pipeline excites you!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the pipeline team and entire production team to ensure that the pipeline meets the needs of the company as a whole.
- Design and develop tools that aid in the management and assembly of complex CG data.
- Design Qt based user interfaces for artists to easily interact with and move data within the pipeline.
- Assist with troubleshooting and resolving any issues that arise within the pipeline.
- Experience in a VFX/animation pipeline role or related role
- Expert knowledge of Python 2.x/3.x and C++
- Thorough knowledge of computer graphics and animation concepts and all the roles involved in the production pipeline.
- Expert knowledge of industry DCC software and their APIs (Houdini, Maya, Nuke, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of industry standard scene data interchange formats (USD, Alembic)
- Expert knowledge interfacing with ShotGun for production tracking and its associated API.
- Experience building UIs using Qt, PyQt or PySide
- Experience with revision control systems such as Git
- A deep understanding of Linux, OS X, user environments, and bash shell scripting
- Experience with open-source libraries and their APIs (OpenColorIO, OpenImageIO, OpenTimelineIO, etc.)
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) is preferred
- Consistently produce a high quality of work in deadline-oriented environments
- A constant drive to learn and improve yourself as well as the pipeline
- A great, positive attitude!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to grow in a leadership capacity by leading or supervising specific effects/sequences
- Emphasis on work/life balance – we are intentional with scheduling overtime and do our best to keep the work within working hours and not on weekends.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume and demo reel!
Please note: At this time we are accepting applications only from those artists who are legally eligible to work in Canada (ie Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an open work permit).