You model a collaborative work environment and thrive on identifying solutions in partnership with the team. Actively fostering innovation is a priority to you so every team member can contribute at the highest levels.
As a Production Manager you’ll be responsible for managing the day-to-day production, production coordinators, and crew. Working closely with the Associate Producer and Head of Production, you’ll oversee department schedules and deliverables to ensure the efficient completion of film, TV and commercial projects. You are an integral part of keeping the show on track all while supporting the artist's needs.
The Embassy is growing and is excited to welcome your knowledge to shape and have ownership of our production processes.
Scheduling and Workflow
- Oversee production progress, ensuring milestones and quotas are met, providing course correction if needed.
- Prepare and distribute weekly production status reports.
- Record and Track production data and metrics using Shotgrid.
- Help create and maintain task assignments for the teams; anticipate potential resource changes based on development or creative shifts through the show.
- Manage communication and schedules with traditional outsource vendors.
- Organize and manage day-to-day meetings, and ensure a clear agenda with follow up plans.
- Identify and assist the team with any project roadblocks and create detailed plans to ensure schedules are communicated to clients.
- Ensure clear communication flow and follow up with various teams/departments regarding goals and deadlines.
- Engage in the creation and/or consultation of technical standards, pipeline conventions, and production workflows to support the departments, show, and studio.
- Work in tandem with the VFX, CG and Compositing supervisors to foster the partnership between the creative and production teams, creating an environment to achieve goals and improve morale.
- Build and maintain an internal resource schedule, plotting workload against available resources
- Mentor and collaborate with coordinators to create clear daily and weekly plans to ensure the work schedule is on track.
- Manage day-to-day staff planning, such as overtime and vacation requests.
- Work with supervisors and leads to determine show-specific training needs, development projects, and implement a plan for artists.
- Deliver performance reviews with the Associate Producer to direct reports and help manage career growth of direct reports.
- We are a small to medium size company and can provide a lot of opportunity to own projects or parts of projects. If no Associate Producer available, you will act as default leader when they are out of office or otherwise engaged including client contact.
- Minimum 3-years of work experience as a Production Manager or other similar production management roles.
- Extensive knowledge of pipelines, workflows, production management across the various departments and VFX disciplines.
- Ability to negotiate and navigate challenging situations and competing priorities.
- Advanced Excel and Google Suite skills.
- Shotgrid, or other production management software experience.
- Adept at identifying potential bottlenecks and responding with solution based thinking
- Experience with the training and supervision of production personnel.
- Ability to produce results with limited oversight and management
What we offer
- Work/life balance is our priority - though overtime will be required from time to time.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Ample-cross training opportunities
- A fun and collaborative environment
About The Embassy
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
What We Do
We provide an integrated approach to visual effects production from concept to delivery including design, direction & post-production. With 20 years experience creating best in class visual effects we utilize CGI, animation, motion graphics and compositing to create compelling imagery.
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume!
Please note: At this time we are accepting applications only from those candidates who are legally eligible to work in Canada (ie Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an open work permit).