Are you a well-rounded Lead Compositor who is passionate about working on upcoming film, television and advertising projects? The Embassy is hiring for a Lead Compositor to join their team!
About The Embassy
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.
You are an experienced Lead Compositor with an in-depth understanding of how to technically and creatively realize the unique look and feel of projects. You also have an invaluable understanding and knowledge of the technology, bespoke applications, workflow, methodologies that apply to the art & craft of compositing. You are able to lead a small team of compositors either independently on short-form projects or as part of a larger compositing team on long-form projects. You have the confidence and ability to interact with clients, often with a great deal of diplomacy to achieve a result which is satisfactory to all. In this regard you are a great all-rounder, with the ability to complete smaller, less complex projects on your own.
- Complete project compositing and 2d project management, involving compositing of VFX/CG elements, look development and the creation and integration of motion graphics.
- Working with supervisors to aid in pitching and quoting for new work.
- Working closely with the compositing & pipeline supervisors to research, develop and implement new technology and creative ideas.
- Attending shoots and assisting supervisors with their duties.
- Participating in technical and creative calls with directors and clients.
- Managing, mentoring and training junior artists in your teams.
- Managing dailies within their team of artists.
- Occasionally attend studio in-person to meet with your team & supervisors
- A minimum of 5-6 years VFX industry experience in feature film, TV series or Commercials is required. 1-2 years in a Lead type role.
- Advanced experience in compositing with Nuke for complex vfx projects.
- Good working knowledge of Hiero or other timeline based software.
- Basic knowledge of onset VFX supervision techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of cg and compositing pipelines and processes.
- Excellent knowledge of Nuke’s 3D system.
- Advanced understanding of colorspace pipelines.
- Solid knowledge of cameras, film resolutions, aspect ratios and lenses.
- Coding experience in Python is an advantage.
- Excellent grasp of the whole filmmaking process from pre through to post.
- Strong understanding of the vfx process, and ability to bid work accurately.
- Strong leadership skills with excellent people and communication skills.
- A strong creative eye with artistic and creative problem solving skills.
- Sound aesthetic with good understanding of timing, color, light and composition.
- A critical eye for detail and an interest in art, photography and above all else filmmaking.
- A team player with a great attitude. Dependable and flexible.
- Takes feedback and direction well.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines while exercising close attention to detail.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Ample cross-training opportunities
Salary Range: $57.00 - $60.00 per hour.
This range denotes the minimum and maximum compensation limits for this role within the province of British Columbia, adhering to local legal requirements. It's essential to recognize that the salary range for this position may vary when compared to markets outside of British Columbia, with potential variations in both lower and higher figures. The base pay offered is contingent upon factors including internal equity assessments and elements such as the candidate's geographic location, job-related expertise, skills, experience, and other pertinent qualifications.
The Embassy Visual Effects Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume and demo reel!
Please note: At this time we are accepting applications only from those artists who are legally eligible to work in Canada and are BC residents (i.e. Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or holder of an open work permit).