Are you a well-rounded Lighting Artist who is passionate about working on upcoming film, television and advertising projects? The Embassy is hiring for a Lighting Artist to join our team!
The Embassy is a Canadian, Oscar-nominated production house, specializing in live-action production, post-production, and animation for feature films, television, and commercials. We are an independent creative studio with expertise in visual effects and production. Located in the heart of Vancouver’s Digital District, we work with global production companies, agencies and brands, in film, television and advertising.
We have crafted award-winning visual effects for the world’s most recognized brands and film franchises. Our work has received accolades including Oscar nominations and numerous VES, Cannes, D&AD, Clio & ADCC awards.
- Light, shade, and render assets and shots. Take an asset or shot to a final quality hitting all notes.
- Ensure shots meet rendering requirements.
- Meet project milestones and deadlines on time.
- Collaborate with other artists to share knowledge and techniques.
- Make corrections and adjustments requested by the supervisor.
- 3+ years of Lighting/LookDev experience in Commercials, Feature Film, or TV series
- Skilled in using platforms including Houdini, Maya, Mantra, Redshift, Mari, Substance, and Nuke
- Experience with hair and fur grooming
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Ability to take direction positively and work well within a team
- Strong understanding of multiple aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Solid understanding of look development fundamentals and tools
- Good understanding of Colour/Lighting
- Good understanding of physically plausible rendering
- Understanding of rendering efficiency, providing assets to effectively work within the different shot requirements
- A fun and collaborative environment
- Emphasis on work/life balance
- Ample cross-training opportunities
- Desire to grow in a leadership capacity by leading or supervising specific effects/sequences
- Experience outside of Lighting/Look Development considered an asset
Salary Range: $43.00 - $56.00 per hour.
This range denotes the minimum and maximum compensation limits for this role within the province of British Columbia, adhering to local legal requirements. It's essential to recognize that the salary range for this position may vary when compared to markets outside of British Columbia, with potential variations in both lower and higher figures. The base pay offered is contingent upon factors including internal equity assessments and elements such as the candidate's geographic location, job-related expertise, skills, experience, and other pertinent qualifications.
The Embassy Visual Effects Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Ready to grow your career with a unique VFX studio? Apply today with your resume and demo reel!
Please note: At this time we are only accepting applications only from those artists who are residents of British Columbia.